Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm Fine

My life passes me by and I don’t even realize this dream I’ve dreamt is actually my real life. All these strangers are familiar faces. They ask me what’s wrong but I can’t relate to them. They think they know the real me, but none of them know my demons. They eat the inside of me and the irony is that I need them, because as much as they tear me apart, demolish me, consume my soul, they’re the only ones that have seen me bare and whole. They know the secrets of my heart—my desires. The things I cannot tell you or anyone. They’re the reason I feel pain, hurt, anger, and, the most powerful of all, love. Something you know nothing of. You know you’re the reason I’ve locked my soul up inside myself, like a vault, twelve clicks passed the twenty of a combination lost. So deep inside myself, it’ll never be unlocked. And even though you and me, we could never be, I’ve still got my demons to rely on, to fuel me. So you go on and live your life just like you never knew me, held me, took me. I’ll be fine. I’ll be broken, but that’s all right. I’m strong and I’ll move on from this pain and maybe some fucking day I can begin to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment